Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Singlespeed worlds 2008

Just a quick report(a bit late)...

The weekend started a little slow, but once it got going it went way too fast!!!
Saturday about 5:30 Curtis announced that the contest to decide where SSWC09 will be, will start a 6:30 at the bowling alley. If you wanted to be involved needed to get up on stage and introduce themselves. What the hell, I try and win one for New Zealand, I'd like to go there!!! As I know the folks from NZ(not the Australians) would like to host it. The first round was Bowling, the top two move on... Getting the win would have been tough but beating third and fourth was pretty easy!!!
Next was head to head at Ms. Pacman, unfortunately Durango was too good, even withFlash photography in the face he still beat me. I may have not won the right to host next year, but the NZers gave me a cool jersey, thanks guys....

The race was tough three laps each with about 1600 feet of climbing. I did well in the la mans start, Good enough to get a picture in the NY times... I think I was in third starting the bike, until all the guys in Borat bathing suits passed me. Almost at the end of the first lap I was sitting in 7th place when I flatted and had to put in air a couple times. realizing it wouldn't last I had to stop and put in a tube.  I must have dropped back to 40th place or so before I got it fixed. the next two lap was time to move, and after it was all said and done I made it back to 20th overall out of 425+. I'll take it with a flat. Here are some cool pictures....More pictures from Carson Blume (there is one of me middle row on the far right...)

No comments: